Top Social

Ottawa Trip Advise | Serene Life



It's been a month that I went to Ottawa with my boyfriend. It was super cold but Ottawa was yet beautiful enough to enjoy. As the weather is getting warmer, I highly recommend you to go to Ottawa in this April or May with my joyful experience.

Reason 1. National Gallery Of Canada




This art gallery is the most beautiful art gallery I have ever seen. If you are studying Architecture, you must love this place. My boyfriend and I were very ecstatic about the architecture. We even lied down on a bench together to appreciate the beautiful ceilings. 




"Whether there is an exhibition that you would like to pay for or not, this art gallery is a must-visit in Ottawa for sure." 



Reason 2.  You Can Learn History Of Canada

At Parliament of Canada

- When you visit the parliament, you better take the tour! It's free and very interesting. You get a lot of history of Canada during the tour and learn historical meaning from teeny tiny symbolical decorations in the building as well. I really enjoyed the tour and I highly recommend you to experience this too.


Outside of Parliament

The library inside of the parliament. 



Reason 3. Nordik Spa 

"It was the coldest day when we went to the spa. Because of that, I could enjoy the spa even better."
Website (click)



It's actually not in Ottawa, but it is very close to Ottawa. For me, I took an Uber, since I did not have a car and it took me 20$ to get there. (I stayed here, I am going to talk about the accommodation a bit later on this post.)  The thing is, it is easy to get an Uber to go there but there are not a lot of Uber drivers around the Spa. I also had the problem. Luckily, when I was going to call a taxi to go back to the city, one Uber driver came to us, so we did not have to pay a lot for a taxi. Yes, I was very lucky. But apparently, there is a public transportation to go to Ottawa from the spa. You can look it up by clicking here.


In a relaxation room - we didn't take a photo nor bring a phone/camera into other rooms.

It was very cozy!


There were a lot of saunas, baths, and relaxation rooms in the spa. You can check the photo right below.  It was a perfect place to pamper myself from all the fatigues that I got from other days.

Photo credit: Nordik Spa

⚠️ You can only book massage packages on the website and only for the spa, they don't take the reservation.

Reason 4. Byward Market 

Since it was very cold when I went to Ottawa, the market was not very activated as I expected but there were still lots of things to see (and eat).

     1. Beaver Tails 

- I love Beaver Tails and you have to try this if you haven't yet. This is a very comfort food for me and a guilty food too.😖 There was one in Montreal but I think it's closed now...😥 I hope they'd come back in this summer!

photo credit: http://www.metronews.ca/news/toronto/2016/03/09/beavertails-to-open-first-storefront-on-toronto-waterfront.html

    2. Big Malls.

Stock Image
There are lots of shopping malls in Byward Market. If you are looking for some places to shop. You definitely have to stop by Byward Market!

3. Restaurants - What To Eat In Byward Market

  • La Bottega

This restaurant is located in a supermarket which I didn't anticipate. But it was super nice. The vibe of the market was cool and the foods were very nice!

Veggie Panini


  • The Shore Club


It was the night when we went to the spa. My boyfriend and I only saw the pictures and reviews on Google Map and decided to go there right after the Spa. It was situated right next to (or inside of) The Westin Ottawa Hotel. The foods were delicious. (I loved the bread they served before the main dishes came -FYI, You will never fail a restaurant where serves good bread before the main dish.) However, the atmosphere was quite weird considering it was a quite fancy restaurant. It was a bit noisy and looked more like 'Sports Station'..because of all the TVs tuned in Sports channels. I mean, you're there for eating, talking with people and socializing. Why TVs are there though..huh? 🙁

We had special seafood plates.

Reason5. There is Tulip Festival Coming!

It is going to be happening on May.12.2017. ~ May.22.2017. I have never been to the tulip festival but according to my friends, it is very beautiful! So, if you are planning a trip to Ottawa, check this out too!

Photo credit: https://www.ottawatourism.ca/ottawa-insider/different-ways-to-experience-the-beautiful-tulip-festival-in-ottawa/



More Information: http://www.tulipfestival.ca/


Q. Where Did I Stay In Ottawa

CLICK

- I really loved this place because it was well-prepared for the guests. Although it was a small studio, it was perfect for us. It seemed that this place is only used for Airbnb and a proper apartment hotel. The only problem was the beds. The beds looked so big and comfortable. But they were actually made with 4 single beds so, we just slept horizontally not vertically as usual. It was all right. It was still comfortable and I could still watch TV on the wall with that position. hehe. 

-I already recommended this place to my friend because it was...
  1. Clean
  2. Affordable
  3. Well located (You can walk to Byward Market or take an Uber at around 8$. There is only 1 convenience store around the condo. You can go to Metro supermarket in 20mins by walk.)
  4. Well prepared

I have the discount code here


Q. How Did I Go To Ottawa?


I took Amigo Express which is like an Uber for different regions.  For this, you are going to pay about 20$ for 4 or 5 credits to the company on that website and other amounts to drivers who offer lifts in cash when you see the driver. It was my first time to use Amigo Express, so I got confused about the payment. So yea, it's simple. You are paying for both, Amigo Express and The Driver. It was cheap, simple and fast. I liked this. :)

This is it for the Ottawa Trip Advise and I hope this was helpful for your trip!
Let me know if you have more questions!
CIAO!

Auto Post Signature